YES ?Cannabidiol (CBD) comes from the cannabis-hemp plant.
NO ?it is not an illegal mind altering, recreational drug.
We typically equate the cannabis-hemp plant as the smokable, psychoactive marijuana that is common in pop culture and the media. There is recent research and the evolution of state guidelines to accommodate medical marijuana use for certain types of conditions. ?However, this is not an area of our involvement. ?We are here to raise awareness about the lesser known healing elements of the cannabis plant, primarily CBD.
The non psychoactive components of the cannabis-hemp plant have long been used for hemp fibre, extracts, oils, and ?for medicinal purposes. It ?is valuable in tens of thousands of commercial products, ?ranging from paper, cordage, construction material, textiles, and clothing. Hemp is stronger and longer-lasting than cotton. It also is a useful source of nutrient rich food products (hemp seeds, hemp milk) found in your local health food/grocery store. The cannabis-hemp plant has been used by many civilizations, from China to Europe (and later North America) during the last 12,000 years. Cannabidiol (CBD) is one aspect of the plant that is used medicinally and beneficially.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is ?non-psychoactive? and does not produce the euphoria, time dilation, or anxiety normally produced by Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). ?In other words, there is not the typically “high” produced by smoking a marijuana joint. ?Of tremendous importance, CBD actually is vital in counteracting anxiety, paranoia, and other symptoms that can be induced by THC.?And yes, it is 100% legal.
Due to this important differentiation, CBD is used widely with children, adolescents, and the elderly population.
DOCUMENTED BENEFITS OF CBD OIL
Click here to see the above chart in further detail, which highlights the continuum of compounds that are derived from the cannabis-hemp plant. ?As you can see, CBD oil has the most prolific benefits.
- Antiemetic: Reduces nausea and vomiting
- ?Anticonvulsant: Reduces your risk of seizures and suppresses seizure activity.
- Antioxidant: Reduces your risk of degenerative brain conditions like Alzheimer?s and dementia (neurodegenerative disorders).?Anti-Inflammatory: Reduces inflammation throughout the body and defends against inflammatory diseases.
- Anti-tumoral/Anti-Cancer: CBD has been shown to reduce the growth of cancer cells and fight back against tumors
- Analgesic: Relieves chronic & acute pain condition
- ?Antipsychotic: Fights against schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis
- Anxiolytic: ?Reduces anxiety and social phobia
- Antidepressant: ?Treats the symptoms of depressive disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: ?Promising research in healing hallmark traits of this condition (e.g. hyper vigilance, intrusive thoughts)
- Neuroprotective: ?Protects the brain against degenerative neurological disorders
?Many studies have cited CBD in decreasing symptoms of stress, increasing the immune system, and promoting overall levels of positive health, peace, and ease. ?This would make sense as all botanical herbs are adaptogenic and have an inherent intellect in working synergistically with the human body.
Important Disclaimer: Prima Wellness, LLC is not making any medical or scientific claims regarding CBD- Hemp Oil as a cure for any psychological or physiological health condition or illness. We are sharing widespread public research and our own personal experience about this supplement.